free css templates
Mobirise

History of the
Margate Log Cabin

The Margate Log Cabin was established in 1935 by the Margate Fire Company as a secondary meeting place. Construction began in 1932 using wood floated in from the Pine Barrens.

In 1956, the firemen opened membership to the public and it became a private club with new members being sponsored by existing members. A tradition that is maintained to this day.

Throughout the year, the Margate Log Cabin holds public events to help maintain the building and private fundraisers that benefit local nonprofit organizations.

Past Presidents

Anthony Ruffu
1956-1958

Charles Wurtz
1958-1959

Thomas Nicholas
1959-1961

Dr. Thomas Clark
1961-1962

John Todd
1962-1963

John McCormick
1963-1964

George McMillan
1964-1965

John Jeffries
1965-1966

Walter Vetter
1966-1968

Theodore Hyde
1968-1969

Raymond Rankin
1969-1970

Thomas Walsh
1970-1972

Alvin Bloom
1972-1974

William Laughlin
1974-1975

Fritz Roseman
1975-1976

Tony Dabundo
1976-1978

John Grossi
1977-1978

Thomas Walsh
1978-1979

Charles Calvi
1979-1980

Al Bloom
1980-1982

Charles Dobbins
1982-1983

Al Bloom
1983-1985

Jim Earle
1985-1987

Joe Dimond
1987-1989

Joe Curtis
1990-1992

Doug Grady
1992-1993

Joe Curtis
1993-1995

Matt Dziegrenuk
1995-1997

Joe Curtis
1997-1999

John Rush
1999-2001

James Ricciotti, Sr.
2001-2005

Leo Heintzelman
2005

James Ricciotti, Sr.
2005-2007

William Gottschall
2007-2011

Mobirise