Margate Log Cabin HistoryEstablished 1935
The Margate Log Cabin was established in 1935 by the Margate Fire Company as a secondary meeting place. Construction began in 1932 using wood floated in from the Pine Barrens.
In 1956, the firemen opened membership to the public and it became a private club with new members being sponsored by existing members. A tradition that is maintained to this day.
Throughout the year, the Margate Log Cabin holds public events to help maintain the building and private fundraisers that benefit local nonprofit organizations.